Mind if I jack your thread fuzz? xD
I just updated my drivers and now I can't run JKA, I'm geting "Program has stoped working"
The game logo appears, but nothing loads and when I click it get this.
My main question is, how do I downgrade the drivers? Just install the older ones or something else?
Compatability and admin mode doesn't work.
This might work:
1. Go to the GLDirect page on SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gldirect/). Download gldirect5_opensource.zip.
2. Extract the contents. Go to the gldirect5\bin\release folder.
3. Copy opengl32.dll to your GameData folder.
4. Play the game.
Tested on Windows XP x86 with a Radeon HD 3850 AGP running Catalyst 10.11 drivers...Success. <Testing computer1.
Tested on Windows 7 x64 with a Radeon HD 4870 PCIe running Catalyst 10.11 drivers...Success. <Testing computer2.
If it does not work for you go ahead and try this (kinda long-only if you have an ATI graphics card):
1. Go to the driver download selection page at the ATI website:http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
2. Select the options which suit your graphics card, and then click Display Results.
3. Under the heading which starts ATI Catalyst™ 10.6 Suite for..., click the Previous Drivers link.
4. Click Catalyst 10.4.
5. Download the Display Driver (downloading the Full Software Suite also works, but the Display Driver download is slightly smaller )
6. Run the installer, and make a note of where the ATI install files will be extracted to. By default it will be C: \\ATI.
7. Wait for the files to extract, and on the next window (should be the Catalyst Install Manager), click Cancel to cancel the installation.
8. Go to the directory you wrote down earlier, where the install files were extracted, and navigate into the Support directory, and then the directory which begins 10-4_.
9. Navigate into the Packages/Drivers directory.
10. Keep entering the first (and only) directory visible until there are no more directories to enter. For me, this was C: \\ATI\\Support\\10-4_vista64_win7_64_dd\ \Packages\ \Drivers\\Display\ \W76A _INF\\B_98282 (for a Windows 7 64-bit driver).
11. Find the file atioglxx.dl_, and copy this file to your Jedi Academy\'s GameData directory.
12. Copy and paste the below batch script code into a new file called atifix.bat, and save it to the GameData folder.
expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll
Alternatively, you can run the command directly from the command prompt, and skip the last step.
13. Run the atifix.bat file.
If you do not know how to create an batch script (.bat) file you do so by creating anything (for example notepad - I use that) then put in the code given under step 12, click Save as... choose Every file (or however it is on your computer) and in the name type atifix.bat, then get back to the step 12 and continue.
Hopefully this will help you.
Best regards, DtOgWolF