• »
Archive - read only
Forum moderator: Apophis  
Forum » General » Questions/Problems/Issues(General) » new grapich card
new grapich card
StarLightDate: Friday, 2010-09-03, 7:19 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Users
so i just got my new card and plugged it in my computer, and once again i have driver issues tongue

the is a ATI 5770, if you know about a driver that would run jka i would appriciate it (:

the error: everytime jka is about to load i get a error from windows saying that jka suddendly stopped working

*FuzZy*

Harry_BrattbakkDate: Friday, 2010-09-03, 7:54 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Hmmm, u got latest driver from ati website?

devonDate: Friday, 2010-09-03, 8:23 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
Run it in administrator mode, it doesn't sound like a graphics driver error. If that doesn't work, try running it in windows XP compatibility mode and remove anything that might interfere when JKJA is loading. If it still doesn't work, click start, run(kør), and type msconfig, startup, remove anything like skype, etc that might interfere with JKJA the slightest. You can always re-enable it.

StarLightDate: Friday, 2010-09-03, 9:33 AM | Message # 4
Major general
yep, xp combatility mode works, thx dev (:

5770 rocks btw

*FuzZy*

BiosyntheticDate: Thursday, 2010-09-16, 4:08 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Mind if I jack your thread fuzz? xD
I just updated my drivers and now I can't run JKA, I'm geting "Program has stoped working"
The game logo appears, but nothing loads and when I click it get this.
My main question is, how do I downgrade the drivers? Just install the older ones or something else?
Compatability and admin mode doesn't work.

StarLightDate: Thursday, 2010-09-16, 5:59 PM | Message # 6
Major general
bio, just uninstall catalyst.. then download catalyst 10.4

that works (:

*FuzZy*

Message edited by StarLight - Thursday, 2010-09-16, 5:59 PM

BiosyntheticDate: Thursday, 2010-09-16, 7:37 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
There was a Roll Back Driver button in the GPU device manager, but it didn't do anything. Now I can't even reach the loading screen. Guess I'll reinstall the game and if it sitll doesn't work reinstall my older drivers.

devonDate: Thursday, 2010-09-16, 8:33 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
bio, you said you installed your previous drivers from the cd that followed the gfx card. Reinstall them using that CD.

If that doesn't work, try this driver. It's an old ATI driver which should support your graphics card.

http://support.amd.com/us....English

BiosyntheticDate: Thursday, 2010-09-16, 10:50 PM | Message # 9
Colonel
Tried 3 different drivers, reinstalled the game twice and it still doesn't work.
Can't do system restore because the only restore point I have is after the driver update.
Any suggestions?

devonDate: Friday, 2010-09-17, 6:22 AM | Message # 10
Colonel
you did make sure its JAMP.exe and not just the launcher you're running in both admin and compatibility mode, right? If it is, try runnining it in WinXP SP1 Compa mode or perhaps even Win2000.

If that doesn't work... I'm not sure.

Could you post the error log of what it says while its loading up, before it stops?

Added (2010-09-17, 10:22 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Also, a solution might be to try and run it from the launcher if you're running it through jamp.exe. It sounds weird, but it might just work.

Alternatively, if you have two jkja minimizers, uninstall both through the programs & removal feature or whatever its called so they get deleted fully. They could interfere with JKJA just like two virus scanners don't cope well, so that might also be a solution. Try 'em, and if nothing works, report back :P

Message edited by devon - Friday, 2010-09-17, 6:29 AM

BiosyntheticDate: Friday, 2010-09-17, 4:59 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
jamp.exe is set to comp mode so is the launcher. I can't start it neither from the launcher nor the exe.
Don't think it's the minimizers cuz I've had no problem with them before.
Here's the error log
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: jamp.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 454d4147
Fault Module Name: StackHash_ba2b
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1026
Additional Information 1: ba2b
Additional Information 2: ba2b81fd58d2a501e3d886b067d5ce3d
Additional Information 3: afd9
Additional Information 4: afd904bceba6a6fa149e5ca95d9b314a

Added (2010-09-17, 8:59 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Fix'd :P
In case someone else has the same problem.

http://www.filefront.com/17248996/atioglxx10_4.rar
http://www.filefront.com/17248859/atioglxx10_1.rar
http://www.filefront.com/16696483/atioglxx.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/403424557/atioglxx.rar.html

Download one of these, but ONLY if you use an ATi GPU.
When you download it, put the .dll file in your gamedata folder and it should run just fine smile

devonDate: Friday, 2010-09-17, 9:48 PM | Message # 12
Colonel
good to know.

Also, just another reason for ATI being garbage.

dtogwolfDate: Monday, 2011-01-10, 11:56 PM | Message # 13
Colonel
Quote (Biosynthetic)
Mind if I jack your thread fuzz? xD
I just updated my drivers and now I can't run JKA, I'm geting "Program has stoped working"
The game logo appears, but nothing loads and when I click it get this.
My main question is, how do I downgrade the drivers? Just install the older ones or something else?
Compatability and admin mode doesn't work.

This might work:

1. Go to the GLDirect page on SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gldirect/). Download gldirect5_opensource.zip.

2. Extract the contents. Go to the gldirect5\bin\release folder.

3. Copy opengl32.dll to your GameData folder.

4. Play the game.

Tested on Windows XP x86 with a Radeon HD 3850 AGP running Catalyst 10.11 drivers...Success. <Testing computer1.
Tested on Windows 7 x64 with a Radeon HD 4870 PCIe running Catalyst 10.11 drivers...Success. <Testing computer2.

If it does not work for you go ahead and try this (kinda long-only if you have an ATI graphics card):
1. Go to the driver download selection page at the ATI website:http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
2. Select the options which suit your graphics card, and then click Display Results.
3. Under the heading which starts ATI Catalyst™ 10.6 Suite for..., click the Previous Drivers link.
4. Click Catalyst 10.4.
5. Download the Display Driver (downloading the Full Software Suite also works, but the Display Driver download is slightly smaller )
6. Run the installer, and make a note of where the ATI install files will be extracted to. By default it will be C: \\ATI.
7. Wait for the files to extract, and on the next window (should be the Catalyst Install Manager), click Cancel to cancel the installation.
8. Go to the directory you wrote down earlier, where the install files were extracted, and navigate into the Support directory, and then the directory which begins 10-4_.
9. Navigate into the Packages/Drivers directory.
10. Keep entering the first (and only) directory visible until there are no more directories to enter. For me, this was C: \\ATI\\Support\\10-4_vista64_win7_64_dd\ \Packages\ \Drivers\\Display\ \W76A _INF\\B_98282 (for a Windows 7 64-bit driver).
11. Find the file atioglxx.dl_, and copy this file to your Jedi Academy\'s GameData directory.
12. Copy and paste the below batch script code into a new file called atifix.bat, and save it to the GameData folder.

expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll

Alternatively, you can run the command directly from the command prompt, and skip the last step.

13. Run the atifix.bat file.

If you do not know how to create an batch script (.bat) file you do so by creating anything (for example notepad - I use that) then put in the code given under step 12, click Save as... choose Every file (or however it is on your computer) and in the name type atifix.bat, then get back to the step 12 and continue.

Hopefully this will help you.

Best regards, DtOgWolF

Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences.

MorabisDate: Tuesday, 2011-01-11, 3:48 AM | Message # 14
Council Member
Group: Administrators
DtogWolf its nice you try to help but pls don't resurrect old topics. This one created in the september of 2010. wacko

'Who I am is not important, my message is.'

VulcanDate: Tuesday, 2011-01-11, 4:44 AM | Message # 15
Generalissimo
Group: »|EFF|« Members
that, and the guy ur helping is banned wacko
but the message is clear, ur helping wink

Vulcan shows pictures of girls on facebook...
Vulcan: choose your character
Vulcan: A or B?
Morabis: not bad
Vulcan: well? :o
Morabis: i have my C!
Vulcan: rofl!!!!!!

Forum » General » Questions/Problems/Issues(General) » new grapich card
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright »|EFF|« Clan © 2019